“Peya has created a world of hardy melodies settled in its mastery of the piano, which plays with heterodox theatrical gestures, and by the hand of singers chosen with good taste and intention.”
Jordi Bianciotto (El Periódico)
Pianist and composer, Clara Peya is considered one of the most original and unique creators that have appeared in recent times in the spanish music scene. She has a frenzied biography that goes from music, to theater and activism. This 2019 she has been recognized with the National Culture Award in Catalonia and her last record ‘Estómac’ (Satellite K, 2018) received the award of Best Album of the Year by Enderrock Magazine.
Musically, Peya is unclassifiable: she swings between chamber music, jazz, pop and electronics, always keeping the piano as the gravity center.
She is energy and feeling in its pure state and has a great commitment with freedom: of form, style and gender. Her personal way of playing has made her become one of the most scenic and transgressing Catalan pianists.
A contagious and torrential artistic personality that spreads throughout the stage and beyond.
She is a declared feminist and defines herself as “restless, visceral, intense and transcendent”. Clara Peya flees from clichés and, above all, believes in the power of art to denounce “my music is romantic-contemporary or punk-romantic.” Music is everything for her, she uses the piano to express herself, to convey ideas and to be free.
Graduated in classical piano at the ESMUC (2007), she studied Jazz and Modern higher studies at the ‘Taller de músics’ of Barcelona. He studied for more than 12 years with Professor Leonid Sintsev with whom she continued her education at the Rimsky Korsakov Conservatory in Saint Petersburg (Russia).
With 32 years she has already presented eight albums under her name, where she has collaborated with musicians such as Sílvia Pérez Cruz, Judit Neddermann, Toni Pagès, Vic Moliner, Alessio Arena, Ferran Savall, Aleix Tobias, Adrià Plana, Dídak Fernández, Pau Figueres, Elena Gadel and Sandra Sangiao, among others. In addition, he has played with different training throughout Spain, Mexico, France, England and Russia.
She is co-founder of the theater, dance and live music company “Les Impuxibles” and has composed numerous soundtracks for theater and dance shows.
- Suite Toc (2019) from Les Impuxibles
- Painball (2018) from Les Impuxibles
- Medusa (2017) from La Virgueria Teatre (Musical composition)
- AÜC The sound of cracks (2017) from Les Impuxibles
- Billie Jean (2017) from Cia La Intrusa Danza (Musical composition)
- Jane Eyre (2017) Directed by Carme Portaceli, co-producted by Teatre Lliure, Barcelona
- Renard o El Llibre de les bèsties (2016) Directed by Marc Rosich co-produced by Teatre Lliure, Barcelona
- Pluja (2016) from Cía Guillem Albà (Musical composition and acting)
- Homes foscos (2016) Musical by David Pintó with music by Clara Peya
- Enfemme ( 2016) Musical composition of the Documentary
- Limbo (2015) from Les Impuxibles
- Llum de paraula (2015) show from Les Impuxibles made for the 50th anniversary of Encyclopaedia
- 4carmen (2015) Composition of the Autopsy part with boocklet by Marc Angelet. Produced by ‘Òpera de Butxaca’
- Garbuix (2015) Musical composition of the 20th ‘Circ d’Hivern’, Barcelona
- Mares i filles (2015) Musical by David Pintó with music by Clara Peya
- Rudo (2014) Musical composition of the circus show from Cia. Manolo Alcántara
- Amurs (2014) Spectacle of Les Impocibles co-produced by Versus Teatre
- Mrs death (2013) from Les Impuxibles, co-production with Versus Teatre
- Carta blanca (2013) Recital of poetry and music with Sònia Moll
- Best of you (2012) by La Intrusa Danza (Musical composition)
- Tot és fum (2012) from Les Impuxibles